The work of Fox and Sons is on prominent display on Route 5 in Center Lovell. The Town Hall, built in 1796 and used for town meetings since 1801 (Lovewell's Town: From Howling Wilderness to Vacationland in Trust Robert C. Williams p197), has been in need of serious restoration for years. Constructing a foundation and resetting the building is just the first step in the process which will proceed as funds become available. Note that the solid red brick safe is still standing on its own.
Hopefully, the building will be ready for the 2012 town meeting, held on the first Saturday in March!
From the Lovell Historical Society: The Lovell Town Meetinghouse in 1938. The photo was used in the publication "The Lovell News" with the following caption: "The Meeting House, pictured above, was completed in 1796. Designed as a church, its original height was two and one-half stories. The building was deemed too high and drafty for winter use and in 1827 it was cut down to its present height. In 1852, it was no longer used as a church as separate church buildings had been constructed. The pews were removed and around 1890 the old pulpit and balcony were taken down. Today, the building continues to be used for town meetings."